The ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER FROM
- The design mimics the natural grazing
of horses in the wild, by keeping their head low and JAW ALIGNMENT CORRECT
- STOPS HAY WASTE.
- SAFE and EFFICIENT use , especially
with yearlings and 2 year olds
- ERGONOMICAL DESIGN FOR
- stops Hay wastage in the stall and the paddock by the
size of the feeding grill from which the horse can pull hay as required.
- prevents Hay from flying away /blown by WIND
- aids in the prevention
of sand colic when installed outside, and wood shavings being ingested when inside, as they only eat from the grill.
- the design of the grill encourages the horse to eat slowly over 18-24 hour period, as they would in the wild.
- designed to take up to 18kg loose hay, the horse eats at its own pace, not a humans' timing (i.e twice a day)
- aids in calming horses and prevents "stable manners" or Boredom, as they have something to work at all
- Can be installed in a corner, 2 x along a fence or 4 x in a circle
in a paddock.
- the accessory high top is designed so that if the horse rears
they "slide" off the top without damaging themselves or the feeder.
- NO sharp edges to be chewed or "catch" any part of the animal.
Designed and originally manufactured by William
Miller in New Zealand, our ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER keeps the horse occupied in the stall; helps
prevent SAND COLIC when installed outside. NO WASTED HAY
How the SMART HAY SAVER works:
The most important aspect of slow grazing for horses is psychological.
Horses live in the moment. If they don't have something to graze on, they think they are going to die. If they do not have
feed going through their stomach constantly, they can get ULCERS and STRESS COLIC.
Un-Domesticated Horses spend 18 hours or more a day grazing in a natural environment; with their head
Horses that eat from hay nets and upright
feed holders wear their teeth incorrectly as their jaw is in the wrong position. When they feed off the ground, the
jaw is in correct alignment for them to chew properly.
The SMART HAY FEEDER/SAVER™ mimics this natural feeding environment and allows them to eat
off the ground, at their own pace.
feeder encourages a natural feeding pattern; it allows horses to eat when THEY want to , at any given time.
- It holds enough hay for 24 hours and ensures they are kept busy feeding
themselves through the 24hour period.
know that anything done to horses in a domesticated situation, is for the HUMAN, NOT for the horse. WE can now change
The SMART HAY SAVER changes all that and
allows the horse to feed slowly at any given time. Once installed, the Feeder only has to be topped up daily with the feed
of your choice. ( we recommend meadow hay such as local grasses or Timothy hay), and then left for the horse to sort
What the horse realises after a few hours
- there is always going to be hay there
for them to eat.
- they do not have to worry where the next feed is coming from as they
can control this themselves.
- After a period of time, they begin to relax and stop rushing
- they appear calmer and less interested in standing at the stable door waiting
for the food to appear.
- they lose their bad stable manners such as biting, cribbing, chewing
wood, wind sucking, agitated movement (all which appear to relate to boredom or anxiety).
Our ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER makes for happier calmer horses AND owners.
NO sharp bits of metal to hurt the horse when feeding.
Ergonomically designed so the horse is safe whilst feeding
For more information on these wonderful STAINLESS STEEL/GALVANISED STEEL FEEDERS,
contact us for your worldwide distributors
/Designer+64 274 992068
Sales and Marketing +64 21 992068
Office +64 3 4435588
MAY THE HORSE BE WITH YOU