The ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER FROM
- The design mimics the natural grazing
of horses in the wild, by keeping their head low and JAW ALIGNMENT CORRECT
- STOPS HAY WASTE.
- SAFE and EFFICIENT use , especially
with yearlings and 2 year olds
- ERGONOMICAL DESIGN FOR
- stops Hay wastage in the stall and the paddock by the
size of the feeding grill from which the horse can pull hay as required.
- prevents Hay from flying away /blown by WIND
- aids in the prevention
of sand colic when installed outside, and wood shavings being ingested when inside, as they only eat from the grill.
- the design of the grill encourages the horse to eat slowly over 18-24 hour period, as they would in the wild.
- designed to take up to 18kg loose hay, the horse eats at its own pace, not a humans' timing (i.e twice a day)
- aids in calming horses and prevents "stablemanners" or Boredom as they have something to work at all the
- Can be installed in a corner, 2 x along a fence or 4 x in a circle in
- the accessory high top is designed so that if the horse rears they
"slide" off the top without damaging themselves or the feeder.
sharp edges to be chewed or "catch" any part of the animal.
Designed and originally manufactured by William Miller in New Zealand,
our ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER keeps the horse occupied in the stall;
helps prevent SAND COLIC when installed outside. NO WASTED HAY
How the SMART HAY
important aspect of slow grazing for horses is psychological. Horses live in the moment. If they don't have something
to graze on, they think they are going to die. If they do not have feed going through their stomach constantly, they can get
ULCERS and STRESS COLIC.
Un-Domesticated Horses spend 18 hours
or more a day grazing in a natural environment; with their head down.
Horses that eat from hay nets and upright feed holders wear their teeth incorrectly as their jaw is in the wrong
position. When they feed off the ground, the jaw is in correct alignment for them to chew properly.
The SMART HAY FEEDER?SAVER™ mimics this natural
feeding environment and allows them to eat off the ground, at their own pace.
- The feeder encourages a natural feeding pattern; it allows horses to eat when THEY want
to , at any given time.
- It holds enough hay for 24
hours and ensures they are kept busy feeding themselves through the 24hour period.
We know that anything done to horses in a domesticated situation, is for the
HUMAN, NOT for the horse. WE can now change this.
The SMART HAY SAVER changes all that and allows the horse to feed slowly at any given time. Once installed, the Feeder
only has to be topped up daily with the feed of your choice. ( we recommend meadow hay such as local grasses or Timothy
hay), and then left for the horse to sort itself out.
the horse realises after a few hours is
is always going to be hay there for them to eat.
- they do not have to worry where the
next feed is coming from as they can control this themselves.
- After a period of time, they
begin to relax and stop rushing their feed.
- they appear calmer and less interested
in standing at the stable door waiting for the food to appear.
- they lose their bad stable
manners such as biting, cribbing, chewing wood, wind sucking, agitated movement (all which appear to relate to boredom or
Our ORIGINAL SMART HAY SAVER makes for happier calmer horses AND owners.
NO sharp bits of metal to hurt the horse when feeding. Ergonomically
designed so the horse is safe whilst feeding
For more information on these wonderful STAINLESS STEEL/GALVANISED STEEL FEEDERS,
contact us for your worldwide distributors
Miller (Professional equine Podiatrist and trimmer)
Managing Director Designer NEW ZEALAND
NEW ZEALAND +64 274 992068
UAE +971 768-3068
Office +64 3 4435588
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
MR. UDAY SINGH
CHAIRMAN UAS GLOBAL
OFFICE +971 4 4270855
MOBILE +971 507155059
MAY THE HORSE BE WITH YOU